Thursday 21 October 2010

バ一ビカン '30 Years of Japanese Fashion'


  Barbican is doing this amazing exhibition of Japanese fashion. I am impressed by this whole collection of work in the show. Many of the work are by Rei Kawakubo, one of the most influential designer in the fashion industry; it doesn't matter cause I like Comme des Garçons. The Japanese designers are all talented with shape, structure. The clothes are not just piece of fabric, it is pure creativity, pure art. Yohji Yamamoto's black and skinny style is fabulous on models. I like it but I'm pretty sure I will never wear it nice. Issey Miyake's crazy gorgeous creation is very origami base. The clothes look like they are made from paper instead of soft material. I'm amazed by one of his collection when clothes folded flat, it is actually like a star. The idea is unbelievable!

No comments:

Post a Comment